Monday, July 13, 2009

designed litter box

As you may have guessed from the name of this blog, I'm the proud owner of 2 cats, Lea & Kalamata. Although I love my cats very much, I really don't enjoy the look of their litter box. So I have been searching for ideas on how to transform this ugly box into a well designed object.

On Ikea hacker, I found this great idea. Romina, an architect from Chicago, transformed an a few piece from Ikea in this great bench/litter box. It's made from made from the Besta shelf/height extension units paired with the Besta Holmbo door on the Capita legs. The final result looks great. And the litter box becomes invisible. With the added touch of the cushion the litter box becomes an accent to her decor. Great solution!


I have also found this well designed litter box called ModKat. Very cute!
It's available in many colors (in preorder only). Everything is well designed and has its right place with ergonomic scoop, incoporated brush. Plus it's eco friendly with the reusable litter.
It could be a good solution for my home and your.

1 comment:

  1. I have 2 cats as well - love them, they are my boys! Ocicats - what are yours?

    I got smart last year - our laundry room backs to the kitchen - there is a closet in the LR...thats where we kept the litter box. I realized the back wall of the LR backed to a corner cabinet in the kitchen that was a dead spot. I busted into the lower wall then had trim added to clean it up - it gave me a deep cubby to slide the litter box into - now it doesnt take up floor space in my closet!

    ReplyDelete